Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards Heartbreaking Facebook Message – Is This Goodbye?



19760 100443273322182 100000695280379 11549 166218 n 300x225 Elizabeth Edwards Heartbreaking Facebook Message   Is This Goodbye? If we didn’t have the information that Elizabeth Edwards was seriously ill with cancer and that doctors had said that further treatment would be unproductive, then her Facebook message could have been taken as just a intense, albeit very intense, Thanksgiving message. But since the Elizabeth Edwards latest news came out that her cancer not only came back but had spread, the message seems more like a goodbye to all her friends. What did she say in the message?

“You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces — my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.”

“The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn’t possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel towards everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.”




But is this as a goodbye message, a “things are tough right now” or just a call out to her friends thanking them for their support during thick and thin. We don’t really know, but we know that countless people have her in their thoughts and are hoping for a miracle.


Photo: Facebook








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger